Antioxidants, good whole grain, and high in protein, these muffins make a great snack or even a quick delicious breakfast when you’re out on the trail or camping out.
What You Need
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 1/2 cups einkorn flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- 1 serving of protein powder (I use 3 tablespoons of Hemp Protein Powder)
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Grease or line muffin pan with liners
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, salt, baking soda, and protein powder.
- In a separate bowl, put the blueberries. Take 1/4 cup of the dry mix and sprinkle it over the blueberries. Mix well until blueberries are coated.
- In a medium bowl, mix the milk, butter, oil, vanilla, and eggs together.
- Once mixed, add the juice into the milk mixture.
- Beat the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 of the way to avoid the muffin spilling over the top of the tin as it bakes.
- Bake in the oven for 17 to 19 minutes. Use the toothpick method to test doneness.
- Let muffins cool 5 minutes before transferring to a wire wrack to finish cooling