Finding healthy, easy camping dinners can be tricky. No one wants to deal with the hassle of clean up after a long days of exploring. These pre-made mini quiches are an excellent option.
Make at home and either freeze or refrigerate for the trip ahead.
What You Need
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 package of frozen spinach (add more if you really like spinach)
- 1/2 cups cubed ham (optional)
- Favorite quiche ingredients chopped small
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts or dough
- Olive Oil
What To Do
1. Preheat over to 375.
2. Unroll pie crusts or dough and cut out circular pieces. You want these to be big enough to lay inside of a muffin tin and go up the sides about 1/3 of the way.
I use a larger size of muffin tins instead of the standard and used the hamburger patty maker to cut out the shapes.
3. Add a little olive oil to a skillet. When heated, added the frozen spinach to the pan and occasionally stir until cooked or “wilted”.
4. In a large bowl, add shredded cheese and whisk in eggs.
5. Add ham and additional ingredients into the egg mixture
6. When spinach is done, drain any excess water and add into the mixture. Fold everything together well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Spray muffin tin to prevent dough from sticking, and push mini circle pie crusts into each tin.
8. Spoon spinach quiche mixture into tin, filling about 2/3 the way.
9. Bake for about 13 minutes or until egg is no longer soft.
10. Let cool before putting into a container.
Some of our favorite additional to include in our quiches are:
- Sweet potato
- Onion or shallot